Thursday, October 9, 2008

There goes my last hope to be a teacher

Just read the MCYS website. Perhaps I am slow and getting update news but I am busy all the time. Anyhow, it reads:
=====================
What are the existing measures to enhance the quality of education in childcare centres?

MOE announced in March 2008 new minimum qualifications for pre-school teachers:

a) For new pre-school teachers and supervisors - five GCE ‘O’ level credits including English Language and a Diploma in Pre-School Teaching from Jan 2009.
b) For incumbent teachers teaching K1 and K2 - a Diploma in Pre-School Teaching, and an ‘O’ level pass in English Language or pass an English Language proficiency test by January 2013.
c) In addition, each pre-school centre should have at least 75% of all its pre-school teachers meeting the requirements to teach K1/K2 classes by January 2013.

MCYS is imposing the same new requirements on teachers in childcare centres.

MOE is also developing a voluntary quality assurance and accreditation framework which will be ready for implementation from 2011. MCYS will be working with MOE to ensure that the framework is applicable to childcare centres.

==============

five GCE ‘O’ level credits including English - like this is not bad enough. I have five credits then I wouldn't be considering doing pre-school teacher, I would be doing something else because I am qualified to go into something higher then that. Like that isn't enough but must add the "and" Diploma in Pre-School Teaching . Sigh .. shake my head. Strike that off my list in thinking a dream will come true. Ok.. can also forget about going for the IELTS. Lucky haven't go sign up yet.

No comments: