Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Food from the Heart (FFTH)

I found this website a year or two ago. Can't really recall when. However, when I found it was by a sudden urge when I saw my ex-company's in-house cafeteria wasting food by throwing it away at the end of the day if it cannot sell. I like wow ... people from other poor country is suffering without food and here we are throwing it away. So I was in urge to find a community that will collect and give out unwanted food to those who are in need. I once came across this Food from the Heart (FFTH) on some where before in which they introduce about how they collect breads and have them given to those in the old folks home or to those who need it, can't recall exactly as it was way back news. So I decided to ask if they collect food as well. Unfortunately, they reply that they don't :(. Seeing much waste sure makes me sad but there is little we all can do about situation like this.

Anway, Food from the Heart (FFTH) has came very far. I noticed that they now even offer to do even more eg. celebrating birthdays and even giving out parishable foods. They certainly have expand after all these years. That is great!

So do spread the news if you have friends that are free to do volunteer work with them. They will train you. If I have ample of time in the day, I would volunteer myself too. Seeing smiles in faces that shows they appreciate your stuff even how little it cost brings you the warmth in which money may never ever can buy. Check their website out for more information.

No comments: