Sunday, January 25, 2009

Chinese New Year

Chinese New Year, offically begins tomorrow or rather midnight!

You will hear the Lion Dance Drums and the Lion Dance everywhere. In addition, there are also small or bit pots of mini oranges which brings luck. Most people would wear red this time also bring luck. We need luck and plenty of it for the year as economy started long ago to be extremely bad this year! This year, ang pow for my kids will not be alot. Why? Reason being that big brother-in-law has moved to young brother-in-law house and they are not inviting people to come over for visiting. Anyway, their house is cramp with stuff. This can be a good thing to me! This means that I don't have to be bored to bleep bleep waiting for all of them to come and entertain them. I just don't like entertaining people. Nothing much to talk and it is at this time people can only gossip which isn't one of my specialty. However, I do look forward every year this time to be with my cousins. Why? Not that my kids can get big ang pows is just that I feel the love there with all my Aunties and Uncles and Cousins. They are filled with laughter and not so boring. Good food there too. Always like the curry the maid cook.

No comments: