Monday, September 1, 2008

TTSH Appointment - Acute Sinustis

Got an appointment today at TTSH to check on the prolong sinus.


Finally, the outcome was Acute Sinustis. Lucky for me it ain't Chronic yet if not I would really have to go for a surgery


Appointment was at 11:00am and I was 2 mins late. Passed the referral letter to the counter to get a Q-number. Waited and waited and paced up and down for several times waiting for be called to say this is your Q-number. Was worried they misplaced the letter and I couldn't see the doctor. I was down to my very last anti-biotics so it is like HELL... DAMN you .. don't loose my referral letter! So waited and waited then I go ask the counter and she say they will call my name. Took 30 mins for them to call me. Why? I was sitting in the other corner of the room and the lady who called my name was at the end of the room. So it is like East and West. I heard someone call my name. Stand up.. then only hear once, no more. Ai yo and so soft call my name how can I hear? Later, she get someone with louder voice to call me.


Got my Q-number finally and then there is another wait again for the Doctor to call my number. Waited and waited... Hate Government Hospitals always give appointment and still have to wait like forever then your turn to see. Then my hubby say lets go take lunch first as he is pretty sure that after lunch come back, my number still not call yet. Guess as much! He was right! Come back from lunch, still wait for 30mins or so till my number is called. Lots of anger by then. But anyhow, after I seen the doctor, my anger no more. Why? Coz the doctor's room had this equipment that he checks his patient throughly. Besides, he seem to have a guest that observes him and he gives explaination to what he does each step. So that is why he takes up so much time to see the patient coz he busy checking them. So no need to angry lah!


Back to my case. So I had to sit in the chair and he spray some numbness medication into my nostril. It taste DAMN BITTER! How I know? Coz it flows through my throat. He inserted this thin tube that has a camera at the end of the tube which is feels a bit uncomfortables. Even after numbness I can still feel the camera tube inserted into my nose.


So after he inserted it in and took some picture, he go back to show and explain the images. So I have a crooked nose (kind of knew that myself but was suprise to confirm it by the doctor), as he explained and there is where the yellow phelgm are all clogged up there as it is a small passage way.Guess we have to do a washout, is what the doctor said.


Like I guess as much you would say that but what to do? It is better to pain one time then rest of the time. So was very scared when he did the washout for me and clench my hands tight onto the chair. He inserted a HUGE needle into my nose to fully numb the area in my nose that have to problem. Afterwhich he actually use a syringe to suck the pheglm out. Guess what, it is an inch of phelgm HUGE syringe somemore ( no aggeration here) I really see it myself. All that is stuck in my nose in that small passage.


I thought ok .. that is over but not yet there is more... Next he said, we have to do a washout. He say better open the window as it is going to smell. So he make me hold this plate to catch the water and use a syringe filled with water and pump the water through my nose. No kidding! My husband watch all the dirty phelgm flow out from my nose as he pump the water in and stop in between for me rest as I was breathing through my mouth and faster each time as I was scared to death. My heart was also pounding faster and faster each time I breathe harder and harder while he continue to pump water into my nose. Afterwhich is done, I see so much phelgm and dirt and even streaks of blood left on the plate. Not long after, I cough out a thick phelgm from my throat and it is not yellow! It is like bruise type greyish. YUCKS & WOW all at the same time! However, I feel so much better and can breathe better without ever having to smell the phelgm. Have to go back for a follow up in 8 days. Phew that is all over. Hopefully it never comes back again.

All of this took up 3/4 of my leave day gone! Next time take MC!

No comments: