Saturday, September 13, 2008

Pissed at the Service Level - IT

Poor IT Service Level leh!

My company blocks so many things except for work being arrowed which I find a bit annoying. I highlighted yesterday that I couldn't download pictures from the digital camera. This is not personal pictures but requested by my boss to do so. You wonder as an admin, IT would have figure that this shouldn't be blocked but he didn't know. Ok ... alright... as long as he troubleshoot and revert back to me then no issue. I show him the problem then waited and waited and waited... never revert back as to what happen and he just left me hanging there. So, did he go check or do I have to go ask him? Lucky I already ask someone else help to download instead of waiting for him. This wasn't the first time I notice that he is unreliable. It may not be important to him but this is required by my boss. So, if I am a the stupid type who will sit there and wait for him to reply, then I would be SO FIRED now! Lucky I am the type that knows how to ask for other people for help and lucky that there are people out in the company who are willing to help.

NO THANKS to Poor Service Level from you!

Then came another matter. Thumb Drives! Someone requested to purchase thumb drives and then come ask me. Then I question them back, "isn't this an IT problem" go approach the IT people for hardware? He tells me IT say I have to purchase ! What the HELL! Then what for we want IT for? Can't even help!

No comments: