Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Job Advertisements - What I hate and laugh at most

Jobs that are published online have very peculiar way of putting job requirements. For one thing they like to add things that are very hard to define as a job requirement. Below are some examples in which I have encountered rather odd and funny at times to.


- take pride in personal appearance (wow interesting factor, a Secretary role but do wonder are people that sloppy if they are required to attend important meetings? or do you want someone to be fashionable? Isn't someone who can perform more important then appearance? You need to go buy a vase is more like it)


- General Admin Duties & General Secretarial Duties (that is vague... you need to define clearly what is required. This doesn't cover the what I can do and what I can't do)

- be able to translate Chinese to English (as my Chinese totally not good, I don't think this is for me either. But it sounds like the person need more of a 'Translator' then a 'Secretary'. They need a person who is very good in Chinese but I doubt they can find out good in English then. Definitely wouldn't be able to find a suitable candidate - so I was also right that the advertisement was placed over and over again)

- to able to dictate. ( How many people still doing that? That is tough. Definitely wouldn't be able to find a suitable candidate - so I was also right that the advertisement was placed over and over again)

These are only a few that I come accross.

No comments: