Thursday, May 8, 2008

Lee Kong Chian Library

Today went down to Lee Kong Chian Library for the very first time. I wanted to do some research of my own. A research that is my school year book. I was surprise to have find my primary and secondary year book material can be found in the reference library so I thought I drop by there to see if I could find a photo of myself.

Disappointed to say no! Why? It is in microflim. How to see my face? The only way is after you print it out and damn it isn't cheap hor to print onto paper. A3 size cost me $.90. Imagine that! However I did print the picture of teachers and the school picture in which some have. Spent 10 bucks on making photo copy. Almost ran real late for my appointment at the hospital. However, thank GOD for blessing me with a taxi. For a moment I thought I have to run to the MRT to catch the train.

Ok...the reference library, you really gotta to drop by to have a good look. Never been there before.. call me shua koo if you must which also mean mountain tortise but it is H U G E! Many different areas to look for material, I mean levels after levels of floor. Ok the place I am looking for the year book... is at 11th Floor.. so took the lift up. Then Security say your things can't bring in so left in the locker outside the library. Ok found my research material in microfiche and microflim... whatever you call it. BOY was there a lot of pressure in putting it in to the maching to view. Sorry I an idiot with manuals and close shave not spoiling their material. Thanks to the uncle sitting next to me, he show me how to put it in. The librarian show so fast I can't catch.
The photo copy uncle also was very helpful and kind of find me so weird for doing this research. He thought I was a teacher but I say no. I told him I was once a student there.

All in all I enjoy going to the reference library and think may hit there again when I do have the time of the day

No comments: