Sunday, December 9, 2007

3GP videos

I had a gathering that day and took some videos using my phone to capture the happy moments of x-colleagues coming together to have dinner together and have fun, also to update each other about working lives.


Now I would like to have that moment save onto my computer hard disk but I need to convert it into other friendlier formats as not many software are able to play the 3GP video formats on your computer unless you use the QuickTime Player. This will require you to download it from QuickTime. The downside is, if you are not willing to pay for software like I do, you won't be able to do any edits to your video eg. rotate it.


After some searching of available software that are free, I have arrived with only one that which is acceptable but not perfect. This is the Prism Video Converter. This will allow you to convert the current 3GP format to other formats like avi, mpeg, wmv etc. Ok .. like any other free software, there is one slight problem, which is after convert it, it doesn't seem to have the voice part - meaning no sound :(.. I can settle with no sound like the olden days of black and white flim but this is with color.

Then there is also another problem. Ooopppsss... upside down as I have taken the video by flipping my phone to a landscape mode. So how do I rotate it? Again.. have to find another free software available to do that trick. Finally found something that works for me. This software rotates the converted format of the file. Its called the Free Video Flip and Rotate by DVDVideoSoft.com. With a click of the buttons available, walah ... I manage to flip it.. bu argh ... noticed something wrong. I click the flip vertical button instead of the 90 degree flip. Looks funny ... everybody become sitting at the wrong side ... hahhhahh... anyway I adjusted that.

No comments: