Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Challenge

According to the Merriam- Webster Online Dictionary, the word "Challenge" means

1: to demand as due or deserved : require
2: to order to halt and prove identity
3: to dispute especially as being unjust, invalid, or outmoded : impugn
4: to question formally the legality or legal qualifications of
5 a: to confront or defy boldly : dare
b: to call out to duel or combat
c: to invite into competition
6: to arouse or stimulate especially by presenting with difficulties
7: to administer a physiological and especially an immunologic challenge to (an organism or cell)

My interpretation of challenge is pretty simple. A challenge to me is something you have never done before in life, it may be some form of work or studies or may be something else. This may include some examples like if you conquer the Everest Mountain in a worst condition weather within 2 days (which is almost impossible) , that would be a real challenge.

There are challenges like what I managed to achieve in my life, is to pass with a merit for my degree, that is what I define as a great challenge. What's more, in terms of work is that you have to pick up something new, say a new knowledge, that is a challenge to me when I conquer it.

In general, my point would be, doing last minute things because your boss wants it NOW, this is so not define as a CHALLENGE!

No comments: