Thursday, March 5, 2009

Again another stupid Taxi Driver on the road!

My story goes like that.

I went to visit a colleague at SGH yesterday and after the visit, I thought that taking a taxi would get me home faster. However, I end up frastred with the taxi driver. What happend was I hop on the taxi and told him where I am heading. He told me that taking the AYE to clementi is the shortest way. So I said ok. I know that at that time is heavy traffic becoz it was off office hours everyone trying to get home too. When the taxi was approaching AYE, I noticed the EMS system indicates massive jam but the taxi driver still took that instead of suggesting to change the route instead. I told him massive jam (hinting him) and he can only tell me "yeah.. it is like that... peak hours." Ok ... then the jam starts to get longer and the meter keeps running instead of changing lanes to keep moving and get me to my destination, he tail gates the slow lane. This continue quite awhile. We passed the Upper Bukit Timah exit and again I thought he would exit and take another route. Still, he continue with the jam and the meter continue to run up. On several occassion I want to get down in the expressway and also tell him to go Upper Bukit Timah road and drop me at the nearest MRT. But I continue with the journey and BKE came up. Finally, he took the BKE but now the meter also up to 20 bucks ++ not including the 35% peak hour charges yet. I was so pissed! I wanted to call the taxi company and complain. I know that the taxi company won't do anything much for me as this seems to the "Service" of Singapore these days.

This taxi driver took me for an idiot for not knowing the road. For those who are going to take taxi, better know the road and show the taxi driver where to go and don't let the taxi string your nose and trick you into running the meter up so that you pay for the fare so that he can knock off early for the day.

No comments: