Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Meaning of term "Colleagues" & "Friends"

Sometime back I happen to visit the clinic near home due to some common flu I have and couldn't rid of it. While I was waiting for my turn to see the doctor, I over heard the nurses complaining about their colleague. Nothing new! Who do not complain about terrible colleagues they have to endure working with? I for one, been enduring for the past five months. So not like I want to be a busy body but they did speak out loud about it.

So what is the meaning behind the term "Colleague" and the term "Friends"? Well, for the colleague part we always want to phase it this way when you happen to work with someone with a terrible character in nature and always torturing someone else for some apparent reason. Like as if it is their thrill to do it. Notice the horns on their head if you know what I mean. People like this you never ever want to classify them under the "Friends" list even after you leave the company. Even more, you would want to even forget you even come across this nasty colleague ever! For this reason, you would want to use the "Colleague" or "X-Colleague".

On the other hand, "Friends" this is something special, you want to classify your good colleagues that you get along well with under this category! They are someone you enjoy not only working with but also when you leave the company, you would still remember to keep in touch very much with.

So if someone ask you, "Hey is that your friend?" Think again and see is the person, you like or dislike and classify them the correct term.

No comments: