Friday, January 29, 2010

Clay Cove

Ok.. like I say.. this year is about training! I seem to be itching again for courses to take up. I got one through company but seem that isn't enough to satisfied my desire to upgrade myself in some way or another. I seem to have the idea of venturing in the creative stream this year.

So .. was suddenly interested in the arts like pottery and clay. So did some research and "Clay Cove" came out in my several research results. Not forgetting another one Seni Kraf, also responded to my e-mail to my enquiry about clay. Both responded to my e-mail unlike some other company who may be business too good to answer my e-mail enquires. This is what I like about businesses.. they need to respond to e-mails otherwise don't shouldn't have business e-mails.

Clay Cove have this two part course called the Create & Paint a Clay Gift meant for adults. I started the class today and found it to be interesting. Tough? Not really! They do not have the throwing technique like other pottery courses comes with it but that does not bother me coz I only am interested in the basic.

Still, they don't use water to smooth out the clay which I find it a bit hard coz it is harder to smooth out when the clay is starting to dry up and crack up. The other part about how I find this course is, it comes with limitations of projects you can do. None the less, I found one that makes it interesting for me to even enjoy it.

It would be great though if they allow the creativity to the customer but then this wouldn't be a beginner class, now would it? Another thing which bugs me, why if I come a second time to buy the material and use their furnace it still cost me the same price? I don't actually need to instructor's help if I already know the basic method. Shouldn't it be slight cheaper? Never the less, it was interesting to know a place like this exist and many children are picking the skill of pottery. Long live to Craft like this! I like the place too coz it's at a shopping mall; comfortable and convenient. Last, they have flexibility! They even accomodate to my required time slot. My review is Clay Clove ROCKS!

No comments: