Saturday, February 7, 2009

Borders Book Store @ Singapore Orchard Branch

Yesterday I was on leave and went to Borders. I have been to Borders @ Orchard a few times but of the few times, I have never bought anything from there. As I had a gift card with me, I thought I could get some good books I have in mind. So ... I list it out and there were roughly about at least six of them I would like to get. However, out of the six, I only found 1 book. That is so sad :(! Borders are filled with many books but there isn't much interesting book I want they have it. I spent several hours not reading a book but finding one to use my card. Sigh ... the books isn't cheap and would like to spend the gift card wisely. No matter, I finally did find books to use the gift card. Whew! & it took me 1 1/2 hours to do that!

Another feedback about Borders. The manager there wasn't polite nor friendly. Two times I encountered the same manager and two times she never did serve me with a smile. Arrogant manager! First was that I ask her to open the shelve. She gave me a kind of look! & why is she holding the keys? She could have given the key to her staff to do it but she do it herself and it is not like the locked shelve have $100.00 crystals in it. Oh yeah, I approached her staff first and her staff look for her. Second time I encountered her bad attitude was that I was paying for my books. Then she got a phone came in. Guess what.. she picked it up! Wow... a manager don't know how to serve customer is really comes to as a suprise! When she pick up the phone she acted like a B I T C H... wow what an impression! Still, when I told her the book was a bit torn and asked she have a new one. She answered without politeness nor a smile nor a applogetic way that all the stock are on the shelves. I feel so sad for Borders that they have hired a unfriendly manager who have no customer oriented service. They need to send her to the Certified Service Professional (CSP) Programme by WDA because she is so NOT PROFESSIONAL!

No comments: