Friday, April 18, 2008

Company Benefits

Recently someone talk to me about how good the company benefits are so it ponder me that I should talk about how you define good company benefits.

Frankly speaking, there isn't a perfect company that really provides benefits that fits everybody needs. Some how or rather there bound to be some benefits in which you won't agree with, while there are also others that you enjoy having and/or wish to have.

Some benefits in which I have come across is :





  1. They reimburse you for medical by a certain amount. But if they are going to reimburse you anyway, why don't they reimburse the full amount? Still, it would really even be better if they also reimburse your spouse medical. However, most of time you won't see this happening except it only applies to the management level and above.

  2. Day offs on your birthday. This I really would like to have but some how never come across this ever in companies I join.

  3. Leaves - some have 14 days no matter how long you work. I for one would really like to have my leave increase say after working 2 years straight with a company by perhaps 2 days more? Then I have never come across one that really does that after 2 years. However, I do come across one that make you clear your first half of the leave and second half of the leave by certain periods. What would be good is that companies should encourage those who do not take leave to pay them back. Afterall, we have workacholics too here you know.

  4. Buying insurance for employees. This looks good have but doesn't really serve a purpose if you are not in the construction line. However, what about those who don't go to the construction site? Doesn't have any use for them.

  5. Medical Leave - this is quite standard 14 days. I come across this benefits that say if you take less then 2 days of leave they will re-imburse you an amount at the end of the year. Sound good. Seem attractive but then wouldn't it be encouraging those who in need of money to bring their germs to work and spread them to others coz they want to earn that amount?

  6. Company Share - this may be good to have. Why I say good to have is becoz that is if the company share is doing really well. If it isn't doesn't serve any good to even have part of the company share.

Well guess that is about what I have to say about when comes to company benefits. Some have while others don't. Care to share your views about what benefits you come across that are not being listed?

No comments: