Friday, March 27, 2015

Turning back time to year 1988 NDP

I have been walking through back in time and I came up with 1988 Singapore National Day Parade at Kallang our old National Stadium.

This very day is very special to me. In the year 1988, I was 15 years old then and in my Secondary 3 at Westlake Secondary School. This very year, our nation have plans to celebrate National Day with a topic of Flash Card. Few schools have been picked to participate in this event and my school was one of the selected ones. I remembered that we have to head there a few times to practice under the hot sun and having to seat there and hold our huge book of pages with colors. We have no idea at first that it was pages of pictures put together with everyone coorindinate to flip to the pages at the same time.

Picture by nas.gov.sg


This is how it works. We will all seated across where the VIP was to be seated. Above that area, there is a small sheltered house where the person in charge will flag out his flag. When we see the flag, we will flip the pages of our flash cards to the next page and the big picture would appear. We had lots of fun then and get to enjoy watching the event through a small peep hole made through the book that was given to us. We only got home that actual day almost midnite but we had lots of fun.

No comments: