Thursday, February 12, 2015

Transfer School - Secondary

Lately been having thoughts of transferring my older child into another Secondary School.

Went online in search of others view in this area of transferring school request and have found nothing much on it. However, I did came across one page on a forum that mentioned about a transfer that was placed and took one year for the transfer to be processed by MOE. I am shocked and sad to know that it takes so long for a request to be processed through MOE.

Seeing that I am not going any where with clearing my doubts on the procedure to request for transfer of school, I called MOE to equire.

MOE Customer Service told me that to request for a transfer I need to approach the school myself. If the school have place, the child have to take a placement test. So I asked, "MOE don't step in to help?" There wasn't a direct reply back as to "NO"  from the Customer Service. She just reply as MOE only help if there is a change in address. I am rolling my eyes with anger already but didn't say anything but ok and hang up the phone.

Now I know! Guess MOE is of no help regardless what reason you may want to request for a transfer school unless you move from one place to another in Singapore. This have also given me another view of, if you insist of transferring school, go move into another house.

Read this example of what happened to a Father requesting for transfer for his daugther HERE
 

No comments: