Friday, October 22, 2010

Mis-leading Ads or is it just another good strategy to attract customer?

If you were following my blog, I am still on the topic of hunting for a new home. It haven't been easy and filled with frastration as some housing agents mislead you with believing that there is really a block that is selling but there isn't. They called it "Fake Ad". How it works is that, you see this ad and you call them, and they will either tell you that is sold or they tell you that is fake. Then they try to reel you into viewing another one of the exisiting one they have not sold.

Still, I also noticed that some ad states that it cost so much for this flat but when called, they some how changed it to View To Offer. HELLO!!!! Asking Price indicated and View To Offer isn't the same. So I asked an expert and he says that this is to make it more attractive. Well, to me, it is a mislead ad. People are so desparate even to resort to this way of advertising. Is it even legal? Perhaps I don't understand why must they resort to do this but I do know that it is not right to do that just to get customers and this is what I called "ETHICS". You only waste other people's time in trying to call to make appointment to view and end up not meeting their budget.

No comments: