Saturday, November 14, 2009

Charity comes with a fixed price

Recently I bump into a sales person, not sure if you'd call her a sales person for charity, but she was stopping people on the roads to introduce heart disease and stroke is the number 1 killer statistics.

Anyway, as the story goes, I told her to cut to the chase and tell me what she needs as I have no patience nor time to hear their story and she did. She is asking for me to donate some money. Then, I say ok.. but I can only donate $10.00 coz that is my budget and finally everything came out. The Truth! How irony is that! She say.. most people would donate on a yearly basis and at a FIXED PRICE! I like HAR! Then I say Sorry I can't do that... economy bad .. jobs not fixed... if no money how to pay charity.. I can't stop charity payment right? Then she say yes you can't stop the payment and I say No. What make me write this blog is.. what is happening to this world? You need the money and I gave what I can afford to you but you have a fixed price I have to follow? This is absurd. I may understand that you are trying to raise a certain amount but making it fixed price is juse too absurd for a charity organization. Plus, at a economy bad time, people are stringent about their money. Really funny how charity have come with a fixed price.

No comments: