Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Walking back in time

Have this on my list for a long time already and always never have time to get to it.

Finally, today clear leave coz end of the year. Gotta make myself do this. So first on my list to do is visit my kindergarten. Took a bus ride there; glad I met with a good person who noticed that where I was going as I was holding the paper of directions with highlighted indication, told me I that I have hop on to the wrong bus. I get down immediately and went on to the right direction to where I was heading.

Ok .. first thing I noticed when I reached my destination - Serangoon Circus, the junction of Lorong Chuan turning into Serangoon Circus, there still stood the SHELL Station. It was then there and now still standing. Ha ... amazing, I smiled. Next, the food court, still at the same old place but change though... how not to coz of hygiene. THE HONG KONG SHANGHAI BANK .. that was what they used to call it. Today, still stand at that very space my mother once took me to, to do her banking. Chomp-Chomp, still there but don't open in the day time already. All stores are closed.

Well, sometime back I wrote and e-mail to the kindergarten I used to attend about a year book that dates back 1979. Went to my kindergarten and was hoping that I could find the year book of 1979. However, didn't find it coz the person in charge wasn't around. DISAPPOINTED! I did take a brief walk of the place while waiting for the admin to arrive. Wow... it has grown HUGE!

Second in line was to visit my primary school. Wham... still standing there. I thought MOE have removed the building but I was wrong. It is now taken over by Lycée français de Singapour. However, still the same just that color have changed. They both still facing each other like it used to. The roads the same still just that it is blocked and now more houses and a small park next to the school. The gate that used to link to the houses still there. No more canteen tough. The roof we used to play one legged games, was taken off but all else seems so familar. I was filled with contentment.

No comments: